About the course
Anyone involved in the installation analysis of rigid pipelines and modules will benefit from this course’s detailed explanation of installation calculations. This course will give learners the opportunity to practise hand calculations with tutor support.
Assessing a selection of wire sizing for pull-in of pipelines and lowering of modules, this hands-on experience is the perfect platform to boost understanding of industry standards and codes. Giving learners the confidence to independently assess and verify calculations, the tutor will guide them through a variety of worked examples and exercises, explaining how they are applied to real life scenarios.
- Explain the key design aspects for pipeline installation by S-lay, J-lay and reel-lay
- Calculate the forces and necessary winch capacities for landfall pulls and methods of reducing those loads
- Explain how the stability of an installation vessel is determined and how the positioning of equipment on-deck and the use of cranes affect that stability
- Determine the effects of vessel motions on installation loads and calculate the resultant dynamic amplifications during installation
- Design rigging and sea-fastenings for the transportation and installation of subsea equipment
- Identify the principles of holding capacity of soils, for simple pile and anchor design