About the course
This is a vital course to help engineers understand contractors’ output, design houses to apply calculations to projects and regulatory bodies to follow up-to-date industry codes. With discussions around industry developments and the latest technologies, this course explains the principles of subsea pipeline design.
Providing guidance on routing, diameter sizing and materials selection, this course enhances awareness of the numerous factors which must be considered when designing a pipeline.
Explaining how to assess design calculations to industry codes, as well as pragmatic approaches to analysis techniques, the tutor will work through a number of exercises with you, to promote application of knowledge learnt.
**Please note that the Virtual Classroom is split over 8 days: 10th, 11th, 12th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 24th & 25th November 0930 - 1330 GMT**
- Describe key considerations for pipeline design
- Describe the rules and process for pipeline routing
- Explain the process for selecting pipeline diameter
- Evaluate various pipeline materials and make appropriate recommendations
- Compare various corrosion protection methods
- Perform calculations based on industry codes