Please browse through our help topics. If you can't find the answer to your question, please email email@example.com, call us on +44 1732 371 371 or complete a contact enquiry form.
Public training courses
Q. I’ve booked on a course but can’t now attend. What can I do?
A. Once a course booking form has been submitted, any cancellation and transfer requests must be received in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org and are subject to the following terms (taken from the Booking terms and conditions)
- If a cancellation or transfer request is received more than 30 days’ notice before the course start date a £200 / €250 / USD $300 administration charge will apply. A refund of the balance will be made if not transferring to another course
- If a cancellation request is received less than 30 days’ notice before the course start date, the full course cost remains payable
- If a transfer request is received between 30-14 days’ notice before the course start date, a £400 / €500 / USD $600 administration charge will apply
- Please note we cannot accommodate transfers requests with less than 14 days’ notice. If the delegate is unable to attend this will be classed as a cancellation and the full course cost remains payable
- Please note that if a delegate has already transferred once and then chooses to cancel the new course booking, they will be liable for the full course cost, including any outstanding transfer fees, immediately
- Transfers cannot be made to a course where an existing booking is held by the delegate who is transferring
- Jee shall be entitled to reclaim, and the delegate shall be required to pay, any multi-booking discounts given if the delegate cancels or postpones a course. The amount payable shall be calculated by Jee on the latest list price
- The delegate shall be responsible for obtaining any visas required to attend a booked course. Failure to obtain a visa will be treated as a cancellation or transfer
Finally, there is no charge for a someone to be substituted to attend the course. Please note we cannot accommodate substitution requests with less than 14 days’ notice.
Q. What time will the course start and finish?
A. Generally, face-to-face classroom courses in Aberdeen and London start at 09:00 and finish at 17:00, whilst those in Houston generally start at 08:00 and finish at 16:00. Courses often finish slightly earlier on the last day, however if you need to leave the course early at any point, we understand but would ask that you discuss with your tutor on day one of the course so they are aware.
Full day virtual courses 09:00 and finish at 17:00, whilst half day virtual courses will start at either 09:00 and finish at 13:00 or start at 13:00 and finish 17:00. Please see the course schedule for the individual course times of all half day virtual courses.
Q. What is included in the course delegate fee?
- Course tuition
- Lunch and refreshments (for face-to-face courses)
- Full colour bound course notes
- Access to digital course notes in our ERL (Enhanced Reference Library) for 12 months
- A certificate of completion
If you book less than 14 days prior to the course start date, we cannot guarantee your full colour bound course notes will be available for you during the course. Where this is the case, access to the digital course in our ERL will be available.
Cost of travel to the course venue or overnight accommodation is not included in the course delegate fee.
Q. What equipment do I need to attend a course?
A. Scientific calculators are suggested for the following courses:
- Design of subsea pipelines
- Further design of subsea pipelines
- Construction of subsea pipelines
- Installation calculations for subsea pipelines
For virtual classroom courses:
- Internet access
- Headset/headphones with microphone
- Webcam (optional)
Q. On what platform are the virtual classroom courses delivered?
A. Generally, our public virtual courses are delivered via Cisco Webex. Please speak to the course administration team at email@example.com if you would like to arrange a test run in the platform prior to attending a virtual course.
In-company courses can be delivered in Cisco Webex, Microsoft Teams or Zoom. Please speak to the course administration team at firstname.lastname@example.org if your company has an alternative virtual platform they wish to use for a virtual course delivery.
Q. Are there any entry requirements to attend a course?
A. There are no entry requirements for our courses, however for some Specialisation level courses we recommend some knowledge in the subject area and of the oil and gas industry. We suggest Foundation level courses are suitable for 0-2 years relevant experience. Application level courses are suitable for 1-8 years relevant experience. Specialisation courses are suitable for 6+ years relevant experience.
Q. What language is the course run in?
A. All course materials are written and delivered in English. Some Jee tutors are fluent in other languages, but all courses will be delivered to delegates in English.
Q. Can I share my course materials with other people not attending the course?
A. All material is copyright of Jee Limited. Registration to the course allows delegates to view course material for personal use only. The course material must not be copied, sold or distributed. IP infringement is taken seriously and will be pursued.