Subsea power cable installation
About the course
This technical awareness course details the cycles and phases in the installation of subsea power cables. This course will help installation contractors, engineers, project managers and oil and gas practitioners transferring to the offshore wind industry deepen their knowledge of the subject.
This course explains various installation methods using surface laying, ploughing and ROV burial, including pull into offshore structures and landfalls. The tutor will coach you in identifying and solving issues relating to subsea cable laying from case studies and worked examples.
- Select the correct route for a cable
- Demonstrate ways to optimise cable protection
- Compare a variety of installation methods
- Use worked examples to apply lessons learned to your projects
- Identify methods to reduce the risk of failure