About the course
Essential for subsea engineers or those new to the industry, this course provides an overview of the lifecycle of a subsea pipeline. Learners are guided through from design to installation and operation to decommissioning.
Helping learners understand the different components, associated processes and risks, this course includes modules on pipeline design considerations, pipe manufacturing methods and materials selection. With scenario-based exercises on installation methods and analysis of survey results, this course will help learners develop their capabilities in the effective management of subsea pipelines.
- Explain key considerations for pipeline design
- Compare appropriate manufacturing methods and material selection
- Apply knowledge of installation processes and construction support to projects
- Explain the principles of pipeline integrity, including flow assurance and inspection
- Identify the importance of repairs and decommissioning
- Explain regional differences