Risers, umbilicals and flexibles
About the course
One of our most popular courses, this course will help subsea, pipeline and riser engineers and managers understand risers, umbilicals and flexibles and how they operate.
Explaining the different types, their uses, design, installation methods and operational considerations, this course also covers integrity management activities to inspect and maintain equipment and efficient operations. The tutor will discuss why more FPSOs are being used for deeper water, rather than traditional fixed platforms and how the increased motion envelope impacts on topside connections for risers.
Giving you first-hand experience of the manufacturing of an umbilical, this course includes a site visit* to a manufacturer where you will see subsea hardware assembly including stab plates, pull in heads and bend restrictors.
*Site visit only applicable for Houston courses
- Identify the different types of risers, umbilicals and flexibles and their uses
- Discuss the latest developments in riser systems
- Implement design, installation and operational considerations
- Appreciate how FPSOs impact on the design and layout of risers and umbilicals
- Outline the principles of riser integrity management