Marine terminals and landfalls
About the course
Providing a comprehensive understanding of landfalls and marine terminals, this course will develop your knowledge of bringing pipelines ashore and the associated issues.
Explaining how offshore pipeline systems are connected to shore, this course gives an overview of issues related to poor design, ports and harbours. Looking in detail at the reception of oil, gas, liquefied petroleum gas (LPG) and liquefied natural gas (LNG), the tutor will also explain storage methods and harbour limitations.
- Appreciate site selection and design processes and how to operate a marine terminal
- Explain how landfalls and outfalls help get oil and gas to shore
- Compare different types of single point moorings (SPMs)
- Recommend marine structures required at a marine terminal
- Investigate terminal incidents and how to avoid them