Introduction to the oil and gas industry
About the course
If you are a graduate engineer or new to the oil industry and need to understand the terminology and how it all works, this is the ideal course for you.
This non-technical course gives an overview of the industry; from its origin, exploration methods and production processes, to transport, usages and commercial trends. Gain confidence to use key industry terms and acronyms and discuss key aspects of the oil and gas industry.
- Summarise exploration methods
- Explain how fields are developed to produce hydrocarbons
- Describe the basics of gas treatment and oil refining
- Discuss market drivers and commercial trends
- Explain how you and your company fit into the bigger picture
- Use industry terms and acronyms