Installation calculations for subsea pipelines
About the course
Anyone involved in the installation analysis of rigid pipelines and modules will benefit from this course’s detailed explanation of installation calculations. Covering all stages of a pipeline’s lifecycle, from pipe-lay to abandonment and recovery, this course will give you the opportunity to practice hand calculations with tutor support.
Assessing a selection of wire sizing for pull-in of pipelines and lowering of modules, this hands-on experience is the perfect platform to boost understanding of industry standards and codes. Giving you the confidence to independently assess and verify calculations, the tutor will guide you through a variety of worked examples and exercises, explaining how they are applied to real life scenarios.
- Perform installation calculations using worked examples
- Apply industry standards and codes to pipeline installation projects
- Assess and verify calculations used in pipeline installation projects
- Employ the principles of holding capacity of soils, simple pile and anchor design
- Incorporate the American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC) methodology into your calculations