Further design of subsea pipelines
About the course
Ideal for pipeline engineers looking to extend their knowledge, this course takes a problem-based approach, imparting decades of our experience of the more complex design issues affecting pipelines. We recommend attending our Design of subsea pipelines course before taking this course, or prior knowledge of the subject.
High pressure (HP), high temperature (HT) and highly corrosive fluids and gases are covered, giving you an informed approach to conflicting methods of mitigating HP and HT problems. With design exercises, practice calculations and analysis of case studies, this course will teach you how to apply the correct codes and assess solutions to pipeline failures.
- Apply the latest design codes
- Design for collapse and buckle propagation resistance
- Calculate corrosion rates and determine the associated mechanisms and methods
- Evaluate different levels of strain and their design requirements
- Investigate the causes of fatigue and how to calculate acceptability
- Assess and mitigate pipeline walking
- Predict hazards and recommend pipeline protection methods