About the course
This course provides an introduction to flow assurance and the general principles behind it. Pipeline engineers will benefit for a deeper knowledge of fluid flow principles and causes of restricted flow.
The tutor will explain the chemistry behind flow assurance and ways to control flow restrictions through inspection, pigging and cleaning. The implications of not managing flow assurance properly and the resulting issues such as corrosion and erosion will be discussed. You will also have the opportunity to apply your knowledge through static analysis exercises using industry software.
- Describe fluid flow principles for liquid, gas and multi-phase flow
- Discuss the causes of flow restriction and methods for managing flow control
- Recommend subsea equipment that can improve flow performance
- Appreciate the importance of design considerations for pigging operations
- Identify types of corrosion and how to predict corrosion problems