Design of subsea pipelines
About the course
This is a vital course to help engineers understand contractors’ output, design houses to apply calculations to projects and regulatory bodies to follow up-to-date industry codes. With discussions around industry developments and the latest technologies, this course explains the principles of subsea pipeline design.
Providing guidance on routing, diameter sizing and materials selection, this course enhances awareness of the numerous factors which must be considered when designing a pipeline.
Explaining how to assess design calculations to industry codes, as well as pragmatic approaches to analysis techniques, the tutor will work through a number of exercises with you, to promote application of knowledge learnt.
- Appreciate the issues affecting design and why pipelines are made the way they are
- Choose the appropriate route, diameter and materials selection processes
- Determine the most relevant corrosion protection methods
- Perform calculations based on industry codes
- Evaluate the respective benefits of industry developments and new technologies