Decommissioning programme development
About the course
This course provides you with an awareness of the approaches, issues and challenges associated with decommissioning for North Sea oil and gas fields.
It details the complete decommissioning process from beginning to end covering: planning activities and considerations; well plugging and abandonment activities; approaches to the decommissioning of structures and pipelines and the associated onshore activities. In addition, given the current climate and the need to reduce the taxpayer contribution to decommissioning, innovation leading to cost saving approaches to decommissioning will be considered and discussed.
This course is suitable for anyone working in or interested in the decommissioning sector, and will develop your knowledge of the various stages of a decommissioning project and what is involved, including the applicable regulations and legislation.
- Describe the benefits of collaboration and campaigning for your decommissioning projects
- Explain how collaboration can be applied and controlled throughout the project in accordance with BS 11000
- Identify potential pitfalls and the means of avoiding them
- Identify the methodologies currently adopted for well plugging and abandonment and the decommissioning of offshore structures and pipelines
- Gain an insight into emerging and transferable technologies, innovations and developments that could improve process efficiency and safety whilst reducing the costs associated with the decommissioning process