Construction of subsea pipelines
About the course
This course is a must if you need to improve your knowledge of offshore pipeline installation techniques. Enhance your appreciation of the capabilities of the latest pipe-lay vessels and equipment and gain confidence in identifying the best technical solutions for your projects.
Explaining a variety of pipe-lay and pipeline protection methods for rigid and flexible risers, this course will develop your ability and confidence to select the most suitable method for different scenarios. Associated activities including surveying, diving and pre-commissioning are discussed, as well as the latest methods for decommissioning pipelines. This course also covers the construction process for risers, spools, stalk-ons, pipeline end manifolds (PLEMs) and terminations (PLETs) and alternative installation methods such as mechanical connectors.
- Summarise technical aspects of offshore pipeline installation with confidence
- Select the most appropriate construction methods for different scenarios
- Suggest mitigation options for issues affecting pipeline installation
- Measure protection requirements
- Appreciate the associated health, safety and environmental implications
- Incorporate legal, quality and commercial considerations for offshore construction