As oil and gas fields mature and assets approach or exceed their design life, late life engineering is essential to continue safe and profitable operation.
Managing late life requires a clear understanding of the condition of existing assets and how that condition is changing over time to determine the best strategy for its remnant life. Early planning and engagement is essential to realise cost efficiencies and manage risks.
Drawing on the expertise from our own late life engineers, we assist asset owners to understand this and provide solid recommendations to maximise the potential of their assets. As co-authors of the ISO TS 12747 for Lifetime extension, we have first-hand knowledge of the lifetime extension standards in place in the UK.
Our early project involvement supports all aspects of lifetime extension planning:
- Pipeline design calculations
- Qualitative risk assessments
- Comparative analysis
- PWA variations
- Internal and external pipeline corrosion assessment
- Pipeline fatigue assessment
- End of life strategy and remedial measures
- Fitness for service assessments
- Updating Integrity Management systems
We also help clients manage the transition to decommissioning.
Watch our ISO TS 12747 on-demand webinar.